NSWCCC Tennis Selections
Open to all ages from Year 7 to 12
Must be available to compete in all levels of the pathway
Players must have an Australian Ranking. This must be provided with entry.
A confirmation email will be sent to you via the website should you be accepted into the tournament. Where a large volume of entries are submitted, the top 32 entries will be accepted to play
Once you have been progressed from Expression of Interest into Student Registrations this is NOT Confirmation that you are eligible to attend the NSWCCC Tennis Selections.
You will be notified by the NSWCCC Tennis Convener if your registration has been accepted to attend by the closing date on Monday 24th February 2020.
The Draw will be organised by the convener, and will only be changed at the discretion of the convener.
Monday 2nd March 2020
8.00am - 3.30pm
Barton Street North Parramatta - Jeffery Reserve (Runs off Isabella Street)
Monday 24th February 2020
What to Wear
Appropriate tennis attire is to be worn by all players
What to Bring
- Appropriate personal protective gear for game conditions
- Medication e.g. asthma inhaler
- Any preventative taping is the responsibility of the individual player
- Bring own water bottle and lunch
- White soled tennis shoes
Should the carnival be washed out during round 1, the top 8 Australian ranked players will be selected into the NSWCCC team as indicated by Tennis Australia’s rankings.
Should the carnival be washed out during round 2, the winner from each pool in round 1 will be selected into the NSWCCC team.
Should the NSWCCC carnival be washed out, the 1st ranked team (based on Australian ranking, at the discretion of the Tennis Convenor) will represent NSWCCC at the All Schools playoffs.
Monday 1st June 2020
Bathurst Tennis Centre, 217 Durham Street Bathurst
8.00am - 4.30-pm approx
Monday 25th May 2019
Still to come
$75.00/team. Payable online via the website
Should the carnival be washed out the first seeded team will be chosen to representative NSW.
Indvidual teams should be made up of students from the one school. Eg the 4 girls must be from the same school.
Both teams don't have to be from the one school. Eg. Girls team - MacKillop College Warnervale, Boys Team - St Edward's College Gosford - One boys team and one girls team from Diocese of Broken Bay
The winning Diocesan school will have to register and pay for their team online. This is the School Sports Coordinators responsibility
Students must be enrolled in a CSSS affiliated school. One team from each diocese will comprise of 4 students from the same College. Schools have the option to bring a 5th player, however only 4 players can take part during a match (8 x sets). Players can be interchanged for the following match. The seeding of players must remain the same throughout the tournament.
Open to all ages from year 7-11 only.
7:45am Registration – All players must be present
8:00am Welcome and Prayer
8:15am Round 1/2 begins (Boys and Girls)
12:30pm Round 3 begins
3:00pm Boys and Girls presentations
The College sports uniform or diocesan uniform is to be worn by all players during the matches.
Sign on Sheet
Still to come
A canteen will be available
The winning boys and girl’s team will represent NSW Combined Catholic Colleges against NSW Combined Independent Schools in early Term 3. The team victorious in that match will compete against the winning high school from NSW Combined High Schools. This match will take place in late Term 3 The winning school from this match will be crowned the NSW All Schools Tennis Team Champions
- Team will consist of 4 players – 4 boys in the boys – 4 girls in the girls – boys and girls competition are conducted as separate events
- Players will be numbered 1 to 4 – with 1 being the strongest player and 4 the weakest
- This order can not be changed throughout the event
- The order of play is (8 sets)
2 x doubles
4 x singles 1 v 1, 2 v 2, 3 3, 4 x 4
2 x reverse doubles - play the opposite doubles pair from the start
- Doubles pairs can be any combination from the 4 players eg 1and 2, 3 and 4, 1and 4, 2 and 3
- Doubles pairs may be changed from match to match but not during a match
- The match will consist of 8 sets – each set being first to 6 with a tie breaker at 6-6.
- The winner will be decided on sets first eg 5 sets to 3
- If the sets are 4-4 then the team winning the most games will be declared the winner
- If sets and games are equal then a tie breaker will be played for each singles match eg 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, using a tie breaker only – team winning the most tie breaker will be declared the winner
- If tie breakers are equal then the team which won the number 1 singles full match will be declared the winner.