PLEASE NOTE - This event is a NO SPECTATOR event
NSWCCC Softball Selections
To be eligible for NSW All Schools, girls and boys must be 17 years and under as at 30th June in the year of competition
Students in Year 7 are not eligible.
Monday 22nd February 2021
International Peace Park
Jean Street Seven Hills
Check in 8am
First Game 8:35am
Announcement of Team 4:20pm
Pick up from 4:30pm
Friday 12th February 2021
What to Bring
- No metal cleats
- Each player must supply their own bats, gloves and catchers equipment, including a catchers helmet and throat protector and batting helmet.
- Each player will be provided with a number playing shirt. Players to wear their own playing pants.
- Medication e.g. asthma inhaler
- Any preventative taping is the responsibility of the individual player
- Water bottle
Canteen facilities are available
2021 NSWCCC Softball Selections Program (PDF 280.2KB)
Convenor - Nicole Abel - MacKillop Catholic College, Warnervale
A NSWCCC team will be selected to attend the NSW All Schools Softball Championships.
For more details see the 'Further Representation' tab above.
By Attending this selection, you will be available for selection in teams in the next levels of the pathway.
- All conventional rules of play from the Softball Australia Playing Rules and will apply to today’s event.
- The team appearing first in the draw will be the home side, will field first (ie no toss) and should occupy the 1st base dugout.
- Speed between change of innings will be of the essence. This will include relieving the catcher on base after two outs.
- Match points will be awarded as follows: Win – 3 Draw – 2 Loss – 1
- If teams are level on points at the end of their rounds, the competition will be determined on countback, firstly on a head-to-head basis, then on runs scored against.
- Batting will be listed in alphabetical order and players bat that way every game. Whoever was next to bat at the end of a particular gameleads off in the next one.
- The "side away" rule will operate for 6 runs across plate.
- The "3 out side away" rule will operate, however teams will be allowed to bat through their entire roster. Fielding changes may be made at any change of innings.
- Any further points of relevance will be pointed out prior to the tournament and/or by plate umpires before each game.
One (1) team of 12 girls and one (1) team of 12 boys will be selected at this carnival to trial for the NSW All Schools Team Softball teams to compete in School Sport Australia Championships. The convener must send to the NSWCCC Executive officer a fully completed team list including shadows on the day following the carnival.
Three selectors (CCC Coach/selector, CCC Manager). At least one (1) qualified umpire per diamond, Carnival Manager.
Only participating players and officials are permitted to be in the competition area.
Parents and spectators are to remain outside the fence line of the playing area at all times.
Equipment shall comply with the rules of the ASF.
Program of Events
(Subject to possible variation)
7.45am Team Managers Meeting/ Officials Meeting
8.00am Selectors Meeting/Team warm up under supervision of individual team management
8.30 – 9.35am Game 1
9.45 – 10.50am Game 2
Break - 15 minutes
11.05am – 12.10pm Game 3
12.20 – 1.25pm Game 4
Break - 15 minutes
1.40 - 2.45pm Game 5
3.00 - 4.05pm Possible vs Probables/or Game 6 if required
NSWCCC Softball – Girls
Charli Orsini Marian Catholic College, Kenthurst
Paula Zaballero Mount Carmel Catholic College, Varroville
Amelia Rose Cousins St John Paul II Catholic College, Schofields
Milla Durnell St Leo’s Catholic College, Wahroonga
Sophie O’Connor St Leo’s Catholic College, Wahroonga
Grace Prior Mount St Joseph, Milperra
Claudia Frost James Sheahan Catholic High School, Orange
Lauren Taylor Mercy Catholic College, Chatswood
Tara Ferris St Leo’s Catholic College, Wahroonga
Molly Wilde Mount St Benedict’s, Pennant Hills
Maddie Durnell St Leo’s Catholic College, Wahroonga
Annalise Kemp St Patrick's Marist ,Dundas
NSWCCC Softball – Boys
Lachlan Bojarski St John Paul II Catholic College, Schofields
Joel Byrne St Gregory's College, Gregory Hills
Lachlan Coe Trinity Catholic College, Lismore
Harrison Doris Mount Carmel Catholic College, Varroville
Lachlan Hort St Benedict's College, Camden
Ky Hurst James Sheahan Catholic High School, Orange
Bradley McCarthy Penola Catholic College, Emu Plains
Tyler Spiteri Marian Catholic College, Kenthurst
Oliver Stewart St Gregory's College, Gregory Hills
Sean Watkins Mater Dei Catholic College, Wagga Wagga
Spencer Williams Bede Polding College, South Windsor
Evan Wulff St Gregory's College, Gregory Hills
There are no NSWCCC school based competitions for Softball.