NSWCCC Rugby League Selections
15 years Students must be 14 or 15 years of age as at 31st December in the year of competition.
18 years Students must be 16,17 or 18 years of age as at 31st December in the year of competition.
Students must participate in Regional teams. Selections for these teams are done through your Diocese/Association.
This event has been cancelled for 2020 due to COVID-19
Thursday 21st - Friday 22nd May 2020
9.00am - 5.00pm
St Mary's Stadium, Forrester and Boronia Roads St Mary's
MCS Date TBC
MCC Date TBC
Sydney Independent Wednesday 25th March 2020
Western Wednesday 1st April 2020
Southern Country Wednesday 6th May
Northern Country Wednesday 1st April 2020
NSWCCC Rugby League Girls Development Camp
20 - 22 April 2020
St Gregory's College, 100 Badgally Road Campbelltown
More information to come
Of the teams competing in Pool A of the ASSRL Championships, NSWCCC has the smallest pool of students to draw from. Having fewer players to choose from places greater pressure on us to ensure the best possible team is selected. We need to ensure that our selection process is as accurate as it can be and ensure that as many students as possible who are capable of challenging for selection in our state teams, participate in our state selection trials. Each year there are a number of students who fail to gain selection in an association/diocese team who play representative rugby league and who are of similar ability to students who gain selection in our state squads.
The President’s team will provide an additional opportunity for students who do not gain selection in their Association/Diocesan team to participate in our State Selection Trials. This includes students:
who do not participate and are not selected due to illness/injury
- who miss selection due to the strength of their association
- who enrol in a CSNSW Sport affiliated school after their association/diocese team has been selected.
- To provide further opportunity for talented students to participate in NSWCCC State Selection trials after not gaining selection in their association team
- Expand the number of players (including those with representative experience) who are capable of gaining selection in a state team, an opportunity to participate in NSWCCC State Selection Trials.
Appointment of Team Officials
- The NSWCCC Rugby League Executive shall appoint a Coach, Manager and Trainer for a 15’s and 18’s President’s team. If teachers cannot fill these positions then NRL staff will be invited to fill these positions.
- These appointments will be made at the February executive meeting
- The Coach shall have a minimum qualification of Level 1 Rugby League Coach, the trainer shall have a minimum qualification of Level 1 Sports Trainer (SMA/FAO).
The Selection Panel will consist of the Team Coach, NSWCCC Coach and one member of the NSWCCC Executive.
- The convenor of each association is responsible for compiling a list of potential players via the NSWCCCRL Secretary.
- The NSWCCCRL Secretary will forward the information onto the selection panel and the NSWCCCRL Convenor
- Once the President’s teams are selected the Team Coach/Manager is responsible for all communication between players. This includes the distribution, collection and retention of all paperwork.\\
- At the conclusion of each Association/Diocesan Selection Trial, the Association/Diocesan Convenor will distribute an information sheet to those players who did not gain selection, who they believe deserve further consideration for selection in the President’s team.
- Only students who completed the online registration will be considered for selection.
- After the closing date, the Selection Panel will meet/communicate to select a team of 20 players. In determining the composition of the team, the Selection Panel will take into consideration:
- recent playing history of the student, including representative playing history
- advice of Association/Diocesan Coaches
- the skill level exhibited by the player
- the performance of the player as a member of the team
- the fitness level exhibited by the player
- the attitude and behavior of the player on and off the field
- the balance of the final squad will also be considered in the final selection.
To be eligible for selection in a NSW Combined Catholic College’s President’s Team, a student MUST:
- Be a student of CSNSW Sport affiliated School
- Have the endorsement of the Principal of that Catholic School
- Have participated in their Association/Diocesan selection trials unless exempt due to injury
- Initially attended all selection trials for their association/ diocese (eg, MCS, MCC, SICC, Northern Country, Southern Country). If a player is not able to participate in their association’s trials due to Illness/injury prior to carnival or extenuating circumstances during or prior to carnival they must notify their Association/Diocesan Convenor in writing. This would include a medical certificate in the case of illness/injury and be authenticated by the student’s Principal.
- Not have gained selection in their Association/Diocesan team.
- Students selected as shadow players for an association team may be selected in the President’s team. If required shadow players can be called into an association team in the event of a player withdrawing and the shadow player, if called upon, must play in his association team. It is then up to the staff of the President’s team to replace that player.
- A player’s Association/Diocesan team has the right to call them into their team if the player is selected in the President’s team, at any time prior to the day preceding the NSWCCC State Selection Trials. A student must accept the position in their Association/Diocesan team should it arise (and pay all levies) or they will forfeit their right to participate in the State Selection Trials.
Due to the late selection of the team and the potential for players to come from city and country areas, a training session will be organised on the Thursday afternoon prior to the State Selection Trials. This is consistent with the preparation for Northern Country and Southern Country teams.
All the below events have been cancelled for 2020 due to COVID-19
Australian Rugby League Championships
Sunday 4th - Saturday 11th July 2020
Dolphin Oal, Klingner and Ashmole Road Redcliffe QLD
Players selected in the NSWCCC 15 years and 18 years teams to participate in the Australian Championships will have a levy of approximately $2,500.
NSWCCC Team Training
Saturday 30th May 2020 Venue TBC 15 years and 18 years
Sunday 31st May 2020 Venue TBC 15 years
Saturday 13th - Sunday 14th June 2020 Venue TBC 15 years
Friday 2nd - Saturday 3rd July 2020 Dolphin Oval 15 years and 18 years
NSWCCC Players Dinner
Saturday 13th June 2020
St Mary's Rugby League Club, Forrester Road St Mary's
All registrations are now done online via the website. Only Sports Coordinators are able to complete this registration. Please do not complete the Student Names section. The following documents needed for completion can be found in Staff Documents (Match Result Sheet, Sign on Sheet, Statutory Declaration, Risk Assessment)
Friday 21st February 2020
Sydney Metropolitan (Balmain, Manly, North Sydney, Souths, Easts, Cronulla, St George):
Sydney (Penrith, Parramatta, Canterbury, Wests): Tim White
Northern: David Koch
Southern: Stephen Hooper
CCC Cup and Plate Finals
Wednesday 28th August 2019
Kingsway Rugby League Fields, The Kingsway Werrington
Tab 9 Heading