NSW All Schools Triathlon Championships
Category is determined by the competitor's age as the 31st December in the year of competition
Junior 12,13,14 years Born on or after 1st January 2007
Intermediate 15, 16 years Born between 1st January 2005 - 31st December 2006
Senior 17, 18, 19 years Born on or before 31st December 2004
Tuesday 30th March 2021 - Individuals
7.00am - 3.30pm approx
Sydney International Regatta Centre
Gate A, Old Castlereagh Road Castlereagh
Entries Close 15 March 2021
What to Bring
- A race belt is recommended and can be purchased on the day
- Food and drinks are available at the venue
- Medication eg asthma inhaler
- Preventative strapping / taping is the responsibility of the individual
- Race start times are subject to change on the day
- There will be a short pre-race briefing approximately 10 minutes before each race
- Maps of the course will be on display and each competitor needs to be familiar with the course for their age group
- Allow 15 minutes to get from car park to Registration. All registrations for individual and relay events must be completed by 8:00am, as the course will be closed after this time
- No parents, coaches, teachers or friends are permitted at anytime in the transition area (bike compound)
- Race numbers must be worn by competitors during the cycle and run legs of their event
- Race belts will be available for purchase on the day
- This event is only for Secondary school students
School Team Official Responsibilities
All schools entering a team or individual MUST have a School endorsed adult representative present for the entire day who will have full supervision rights of all their students. Race packs will not be distributed unless it is collected by the endorsed school representative on registration prior to the commencement of the day. Ie. must complete sign on sheet correctly. The representative will be required to leave their contact details with officials when collecting race packs.
Juniors 12, 13, 14 years 400m Swim 10km Cycle 3km Run
Intermediates 15, 16 years 600m Swim 15km Cycle 4km Run
Seniors 17, 18, 19 years 750m Swim 20km Cycle 5km Run
Relays - Juniors 400m Swim 10km Cylce 3km Run
Intermediates/Seniors 400m Swim 15km Cycle 3km Run
Safety, Supervision and Conditions of Entry
- This is a safety-oriented event with a closed circuit (no vehicles – except drafting motor bikes) ride and a protected open water swim.
- Students with pre-existing medical conditions must be identifiable on the day. Medical information MUST be provided upon registering the student along with a management plan. Individuals will need to report to officials on the day. Failure to do so may result in the individual / team being disqualified.
- Swimmers MUST be competent and able to meet the demands of the swim leg. Any students not meeting these expectations will be removed from the water immediately. This decision will be at the discretion of course officials / water safety.
- All individuals / teams must have an adult representative present on the day.
- All cyclists must wear an approved helmet. All bikes must be presented for a safety inspection prior to racing on the course.
- It is expected that all participating students are suitably prepared prior to the championships to meet the physical demands of the event (in varying environmental conditions) and are appropriately hydrated and fuelled to participate safely.
- The following guidelines will be utilised when making decisions in relation to hot weather - https://sma.org.au/sma-site-content/uploads/2017/08/hot-weather-guidelines-web-download-doc-2007.pdf
The following equipment restrictions will apply for the NSW All Schools Race:
- The bicycle may be on-road, off-road or youth style. No “time trial” style bicycles are allowed. No recumbent style bicycles are allowed. No BMX bikes are allowed.
- Only standard drop, straight, or curved handlebars are allowed. No aero or time trial bars may be attached to the bike or used during competition.
- For all events wheels must have at least 16 spokes.
- No disc wheels or wheel covers are allowed.
- Carbon wheels must be no deeper than 60mm
- Only detachable tyres and tubes shall be used
- Time trial style helmets are NOT permitted.
Individual Races - Date TBC
7.00 am – 8.00am Registration (All students)
7.00am – 7.15am Seniors then to transition.
7.15am – 7.30am Intermediates then to transition.
7.30am – 8.00am Juniors then to transition.
8.30am – 1.00pm Race Times
8.30am Senior Individual Race Start.
10.00am Intermediate Individual Race Start.
11.15am Junior Individual Race Start.
Presentations to take place after Individual Races.
• Approx. 5 minute break between boys and girls start times.
Relay Races - Date TBC
* The nominated school representative will need to register the team/s and collect race packs.
7.00 am – 8.00am Registration
8.20am – 2.00pm Race Times
8:20 am Junior Boys Relay Race Start.
8:50 am Junior Girls Relay Race Start
9:30 am Intermediate Boys Relay Race Start.
10:30 am Intermediate Girls Relay Race Start.
11:30 am Senior Boys Relay Race Start.
12:30 pm Senior Girls Relay Race Start
Presentations to take place after Relay Races.
Girls races start once boys are on their final lap of the bike course.
During the Relay races, there will be cut off times put in place. If swimmers are not out of the water by the cut-off time, the team cyclist will be sent off. If a cyclist has not finished by the cut-off time, they will be taken off the course and their runner will be sent off. Cut off times will be at the discretion of the event organisers.
Results will be available from - http://www.multisportaustralia.com.au/
School Sport Australia Championships
Date: Wednesday 15th September 2021 - Friday 17th September 2021
Venue: TBC, Hervey Bay, QLD
NSW All Schools Team Triathlon Championships - CANCELLED 2021
Sydney International Regatta Centre, Penrith Lakes
There will be caps placed on all age groups and divisions across all systems.
As a result, each individual school is only permitted to enter a maximum of 5 teams per age division and gender eg 5x Int Boys & 5x Int Girls.
Extra nominations will be considered after the closing date however this will be at the discretion of the organising committee. Please contact your Convener for further details.
NSW All Schools Triathlon - Team Registration CANCELLED 2021
It is the responsibility of the Sports Coordinator to complete this registration form. The endorsed Sport Coordinator must be logged in to register.
To enter multiple teams please select the "Add New" button on the bottom right.
Each team entry is $45.00 and will be invoiced to the school directly.
If you need to edit your team entry after it is submitted, please use the EDIT button in the submitted forms table below.
If you wish to withdraw any entries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
No refunds will be processed for teams withdrawn after the closing date. Schools will be invoiced after the event.
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Tab 8 Heading
Tab 9 Heading
Tab 10 Heading