2023 BROKEN BAY GOLF CHAMPIONSHIPS
BROKEN BAY GOLF CHAMPIONSHIPS
Date: Friday 25th August 2023
Venue: Gosford Golf Course - 22 Racecourse Rd, Gosford
Time: 10:00-3:00 (approx)
Cost - $30
Registrations are now closed for 2023.
Draft Outline of the day:
Commencing Time: 10:00am / Concluding Time: 3:30pm.
Players will be provided with a tee-off time prior to the event.
All entrants will be emailed information prior to the event
What to wear / bring
Club dress rules must be complied with.
Players must bring enough nutritious food/water to sustain them during the day.
Code of Conduct
In addition to regular school behavioural expectations, all students will need to adhere to the Catholic Schools Broken Bay Code of Conduct. All play shall be in accordance with the rules of golf, published local rules of the host club and conditions of play as specified.
This event/activity is required to be held in accordance with any current NSW Health COVID-19 guidelines. There is a risk that students may be exposed to COVID-19 whilst attending and participating at this event. Please do not send your son / daughter if they are displaying any symptoms of illness.
Schools Championships - The school teams’ championship will be determined by the aggregate score of the three nominated players for that school.
2023 Golf Championships Draw
Junior Boys (U13) - Students turning 12/13 in event year
Intermediate Boys (U15) - Students turning 14/15 in event year
Senior Boys – Students turning 16 or older in event year
Open Girls – students 12-18 years
- Competitor Experience - Entrants must be affiliated golf club members, with a handicap and golf link number
- Timing: 18-Hole Stroke Play. 10.00am-3.30pm. Players will be provided with a tee-off time prior to the event. Players must arrive only 20 minutes prior to their tee-off time and meet outside the pro-shop.
- Warm Up: Students will not be permitted to register or warm up more than 20 minutes before their tee-off time
- Rules: All play shall be in accordance with the Rules of Golf, Published Local Rules of the Host Club and conditions of play as specified.
- Equipment: Students are responsible for their own equipment- golf clubs etc
- Uniforms: Club dress rules must be complied with
- Late Athletes: Schools will be provided with tee-off times prior to the start of the event. Students must report to the convenor 20 minutes prior to their tee off time. If students are late, the convenor will try and accommodate them, however this is not guaranteed.
- Supervision: A school staff member or authorised representative must be present at all times to be responsible for the supervision and conduct of their students.
- First Aid: Gosford Golf Club Duty Manager will provide First Aid
- Trophies/Medals: will be awarded to the winners and runners up in the final for each category.
- The school teams’ championship will be determined by the aggregate score
of the three nominated players for that school.
- Score Card: Students will be in charge of their own score card. This will
be checked after each hole by the others in their respective group.
- GPS Devices: The use of GPS devices is allowed.
- Caddies/advice: No Caddies are allowed
Carts: No carts permitted
Supervision - Schools sending 5 or more students MUST also send a staff member to assist with event supervision
- ●Spectators are welcome to walk with a group but must follow these guidelines:
- ●Remain at least 10 metres away from any player whether they are on the fairway or in the rough.
- ●Spectators are to walk behind and to the side of the group.
- ●No coaching or advice will be allowed to be given to any competitor
- ●The Convenor/Officials reserve the right to withdraw a spectator from following a group who believes is not acting in the best interest of the competitors or the ideals of the tournament
2023 BROKEN BAY GOLF CHAMPIONSHIPS RESULTS
1st – L. Binns (Net Score: 75) St Edward's
2nd – L. Harris (Net Score: 84) Mater Maria
3rd – K. Norgoard (Net Score:94 )St Augustine's
1st – L. Clarke (Net Score: 66) St Augustine's
2nd – P.Byrne (Net Score: 66) St Augustine's
3rd – N. Wickham (Net Score:71) St Peter's
1st – M. Pereira (Net Score: 70) St Paul's
2nd – Z. Toole (Net Score: 90) St Augustine's
3rd – J.Jones (Net Score:71) St Augustine’s
T.Nolan (Net Score:71) St Edward's
1st – A. Prince (Net Score: 74) Mackillop
2nd – D. Herden (Net Score: 77) St Peter's
3rd – S. Grant (Net Score:80) St Peter's
Congratulations to St Augustine's who won the team event with the top 3 NET scores from P. Byrne, L. Clarke & Z. Toole.
Selection into further representative pathway golf events is via individual nomination through the CSNSW Sport Website
Congratulations to the following students who have gained selection into the 2023 NSWCCC Golf Teams -
St Peter's Catholic College, Tuggerah
St Paul's Catholic College, Manly
St Augustine's College, Brookvale
St Brigid's Catholic College, Lake Munmorah
Sahara Ruby Hillman-Varma
St Brigid's Catholic College, Lake Munmorah
Congratulations to the following students who have gained selection into 2022 NSWCCC Golf Teams -
||St Brigid's Catholic College, Lake Munmorah
Congratulations to the following students who have gained selection into 2021 NSWCCC Golf Teams -
||St Peter's Catholic College, Tuggerah
||St Edward's College, Gosford
Please click here
for our code of conduct for parents, carers and other spectators attending school sporting events.